Wednesday 21 May 2014

Water Baby 'Bloom' Pregnancy Drink | Fairy's Tales

Today I am: 22 weeks 

It you're anything like me, remembering to take your vitamins is a bit hit and miss! I was really good with it up to 12 weeks, I started taking Pregnacare vitamins as soon as I got the positive on the pregnancy test but they really upset my stomach...I won't go into detail! I later learned that my sister started taking them and it made her really sick too. I've read that some vitamins aimed at pregnant ladies can contain laxatives to ease the symptoms of constipation, so althought there are benefits of the extra vitamins they may also have some other things your body certainly won't benefit from. Especially in my case as I haven't really suffered from constipation at all!

In my pre-booking in session at my first midwife clinic they actually supplied us with a multi-vitamin free on the NHS which I took every day up until 12 weeks and then a few wees after until the pot was finished. Although the guidelines say that it is most important to take Folic Acid in the first 12 weeks, of course you can carry on taking them as long as you want. It's believed that Folic Acid actually helps with mood swings and acne, in fact I used to take Folic Acid tablets way before I was pregnant.

But as I say, sometimes remembering to take that little tablet slips your mind completely; so when I saw this drink in a little Goodybag aimed at mummy's to be (that my sister kindly gave to me as she's already a mummy and didn't really need anything from it) I was really intrigued! 

We all know that getting enough hydration is important to us pregos too so this is the added bonus of making sure you're drinking and getting all your Folic Acid needs and other vitamins and minerals too. 
This drink was Cranberry flavoured, when I opened the bottle it smelt divine! It smelt so fruity and summery, however the taste did not live up to the smell. My sister suggested that maybe the lack of taste may be to prevent any reaction in ladies suffering from morning sickness. It didn't taste awful; in fact it didn't really taste of much, just like a weak juice. If you like weak juice you may enjoy it more than I did but I'm a half cup of squash to half cup of water girl! They do do a Citrus flavour too which I would love to try as I am a great lover of citrus drinks as opposed to berries so it would be interesting to see what the flavour pay off would be like with that! 

All in all though, I think this is an amazing product, the flavours could be enhanced but I think that May just be down to personal preference. In fact it won the LBP (Loved By Parents) award for Best Maternity Innovation 2013 so I can't be the only one thinking this is a great product. 

You can find out more information on their website www.mywaterbaby.com and where to purchase!

*I received this product in a Goodybag, I am not being paid to review this product I just wanted to let people know it existed*

1 comment:

  1. I have just nominated you for a Liebster award!! :) https://www.bloglovin.com/link/post?post=2920551383&blog=12136069&group=0&frame=1&frame_type=b via xxx

    ReplyDelete