Friday 4 July 2014

Summer Coolers | Maternity Clothes | Fairy's Tales

Today I am 28+2 weeks

I was going to do this post on Wednesday, but after an accident with a hot chocolate last week and one of the dresses I had to wait for it to come back from my mother-in-law! Luckily the stain is pretty much almost out, good enough to wear and hopefully after a few more washes it'll be all gone! Yay.

Anyway, these are just a few pieces that I've been wearing since the weather has been warm(er) and currently all but one of these items are now in the ASOS sale! 

First up is this lilac skater dress with a pocket. It's a speckled material which I couldn't quite capture in the photos. I'm not usual a fan of high necked anything because it's just not flattering on my boobs, but with the slight round neck it isn't too high and I really like it. I bought a size 10 which is a little looser than I would like, but with my ever expanding belly at least I know it will last me all summer long. It was £25 but is now currently £12 in the sale and comes in 2 colours! (Link)



This is said "hot chocolate dress" absolute disaster! Luckily for me it was the very last dregs of the cup! I was just about to throw the cup in the bin and was slurping the last sip and it went everywhere! All the way down the dress. Horrific! Thankfully my mum had a hoody with her that she wasn't wearing so I chucked that on top and hid away from the world! Again I bought this in a size 10 which is a bit big on me. I thought this dress was going to be very similar to my Elephant Print dress, however the material of this one is much lighter and more flowy (is flowy even a real word?). It's also higher in the back with a sweetheart neckline. There is a double insert over the boobs which you can just about see in the pictures, doesn't quite reach the bottom of mine! It sits just under my nipples, but that's not a dress fault. This dress was originally £20 - comes in 4 different colours and now starts from £10! Absolute bargain, I'm tempted to buy all the colours! (Link)



Lastly is this combination. I bought this red stripe dress from Primark quite a while ago. When I bought it I could wear it as a dress by it's self (it's not maternity so there's not much give in the material) but as my bump has got bigger I've been pairing it with these scalloped edge linen shorts. These are so comfortable with an under bump maternity band in a silky material so it's really lovely and soft! Although the shorts in black are still full price on the website the same shorts in white are £10! I originally wanted the white pair anyway but thought better of it. If the hot chocolate episode was bad, who knows what would have happened with bright white shorts! (Link Black Link White)




I hope you enjoyed this and it gave you some sort of inspiration of how to keep a little cooler in these summer months!

Speak soon, 
Fai x 


1 comment:

  1. Probably a lucky avoidance of the white shorts. Imagine how that would look if your waters went!

    ReplyDelete